if i

Monday, April 18, 2005

Oxymorons

I always love to read the articles, stories by noted writer SUJATHA. The reason is the freshness which he delivers, inspite of his age. For me, he is always a 20 year old College student...

I am a regular reader of the current article 'Katradhum Petradhum' (Learnt..Gained..) in 'Ananda Vikatan'. It is more or less like his tamil blog, which inspired me a lot, before I started blogging.

In the latest edition, he was talking about Oxymorons (a phrase with contradictory words). He had quoted few tamil oxymorons in that article, which he really liked. Some of those were already used by our tamil movie lyricists. Listing some of those, which I enjoyed. (I enjoyed his kindal in few..)

Inbamana vali (Enjoyable pain)
Azhagana Ratchasi (Beautiful demon)
Arasangaa Veallai (Government job)
Kaathal Pisasu (Lovable Devil)
Oozhalilatha Arasiyal (Corrupt-free politics)
one of his favourite kindal - Thoppul kaataatha Nadigai (Actress who doesn't show her navel)

This really made me curious to find out more Oxymorons from the net. Finally ended up with the site having many of them. I enjoyed reading them, eventhough it is a big list. I am listing down some of them, which I liked there... (due to time constraint, I picked up only few. You hv more there).

Authentic Replica
Bug-free software
Comfortable tights
Eyes Wide Shut
One hundred percent chance
Train schedule
Unknown identity
Microsoft Works
Same Difference
Pretty Ugly

Strikes you, isn't it? For more, pl. visit the list.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had read the article in Anandha Vikatan earlier. The English oxymorons - LOL!

Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ram. First time here. Happy to know you like oxymorons too..I fine them fun to read and revel at, the wordplay! I subscribe to a newsletter from Dr. Mardy Grotheat chiasmus.com. You can subscribe if you want by mailing to this address: chiasmus-on@mail-list.com!Have fun! :)

Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thanks for the info, ravi.

Saturday, April 23, 2005 12:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home