SACHEIN - REVIEW ---- nothing but 'kushi'
If so, I would like to correct it. Ya.. It has all the ingredients like 'Kushi'. But it fails to impress like 'Kushi' did. The reason may be that we are being shown the same "ego" formula, once again.
Courtesy: Sify movies
- Similar college campus (no classrooms & classes, but only games & cultural events ...lucky guys!!)
- Same egoistic clashes (this time only the heroine stages them)
- Similar Seductress (Muntaz was better than Bips)
- Similar Comedy Situation (Definitely Vivek scores higher than the college Student Vadivelu!!!!)
Better things to appreciate ---
- Vijay's mannerisms (still fresher)
- Genelia's cute smiles & expressions (she should hv dressed up better in 'gundu manga' song.. the country girl outfit doesn't fit her as it did Trisha in 'appadi podu')
- Ooty (as fresh as it was in 'moodupani', ' moondram pirai' - need to appreciate the Cinematographer Jeeva)
- Music - "kannmoodi thirakumpodhu...." beautifully shot in Ireland & sung by the musicdirector Devi Sri prasad himself. (others didn't impress)
Things which could hv been avoided ---
- 2nd half of the movie (without any story, except the last 10 minutes)
- Bipasha Basu (Thanu should hv spent the 75 lakhs Rs. in a better way, instead of paying her. Who is the makeup man? Need to sue him, for making us to watch her like this. Guys in India are lucky that her item number has been deleted for the first week. We had to watch that in Singapore)
- Stunt scenes filling the story gaps
Since there were too many actions movies from Vijay prior to this movie, he would hv agreed to do this story. Noted Director Mahendran's son John who directed 'Sachein' could hv done a better homework. Eventhough we need to appreciate him, for presenting a soft movie with a good location, he could hv made the storyline touchy.
In a recent interview, he had mentioned that he wanted to make movies with a strong stories like in Malayalam. He might hv compromised this time due to Vijay's image and Thanu's enriched production stake. Hope he gets a better producer next time, giving him free hands to decide a better story.