if i

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Weekend tit bits...



Black

Watched in the VCD...What a fantastic movie!!!! Personally, moved by the characterisation & the reality.

I had never expected Big 'B' to deliver such a good performance. I never used to enjoy his acting, since I used to treat him as one among the masala heroes (except in 'Khaki' & 'Baghban'). This movie will be the height of all his movies. Rani's performance was also excellent. I believe, this movie is going to sweep 'n' of national awards by end of this year.

Striking Kural

Saturday evening, decided to go out for shopping..which ended up in dinner at Gangothri Veg. restuarant, in Little India. When I saw the following script on a small piece of board displayed there, the immediate question which cropped up in my mind "Is it the original Kural?"

அடக்கம் அழியாத வாழ்வு தரும்
அடங்காமை வாழ்வை இருட்டாக்கி விடும்

The lady owner explained that it is the explanation given by Kalaingar Karunanithi (Kural:121 க்கு தமிழுரை). It seems, initially she used to write the actual Kural everyday, which didn't achieve the purpose. So, she switched over to this தமிழுரை. Good job, indeed!!!

The immediate personalities who came to my mind at that time were Infosys Mr.Narayanamoorthy (for the first line) & some of our erstwhile politicians / cine producers (for the second line... I didn't want to name any particular person here, since there were several nos.)

Sun TV 'Kalyaana maalai'

I don't normally sit and watch this... But came across the following storyline briefed by the 'Pattimandram' Judge, which was hilarious...

"It seems a couple of 60 years old, were so attached to each other, that the Elderly man used to hold his wife's hand always (whenever they step out of the house)....

Since, the neighhbour's wife always used to highlight this, he couldn't restrain himself of probing further...

For his query, the elderly man seemed to reply that "Otherwise, my wife will go into all the shops which are open at that time. So, till I reach my home, I would prefer to hold her hands, which I am following for the last 3 decades...." :-) :-) :-)

BTW...do you follow the above trick??

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

I think u r totally bored...you have better ways of starting your Sunday morning (rather than watching kalyana Maalai). I think most of us switch on SUN TV by default...one of the perils of getting addicted to the Idiot box.

Sunday, April 24, 2005 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Umm interesting...Maybe I should try it next time when I go out with my wife.!! But...But...Why does she hold my hand.!! Umm...it makes me think.!!

Sunday, April 24, 2005 6:20:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

NV sir, may be ur wife wants to restrict you from doing something else.....??

Sunday, April 24, 2005 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home