if i

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

PERCEPTION DIFFERS....

I wondered the factual impact of the above caption in our day-to-day activities, while observing the following picture.



Posted by Hello

Frog....turns out to be a horse... or Vice versa

While appreciating the artist's work, I realised the message it brought out. Perception & the way one looks into an issue, changes...

100% I agree, since I was in the middle of several incidents where we perceive one and the other persons perceive differently.

Few years back, when I went to my Grandma's house, she started complaining about the neighbour, saying that she pampers her grown up granddaughter too much. I try to always defuse a situation, when it takes a dangerous turn. I did the same thing at that time....

I told my Grandma, that she was also like that when she used to pamper my cousins. (I don't like to get pampered..or didn't I get that privilege???).

Here is the twist. My explanation was just to compare both of them and ask her to drop the subject. However, she had misunderstood that and asked me face to face.."Have I not taken care of you? Why are you talking like this that I took care of your cousins only?". Then, it took me sometime to convince her that I didn't mean that way.

These kind of situations & perceptions, made me to always move into the shoes of the next party and swallow their approach, even if I don't like it initially. Need to take the life smoothly, isn't it!!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that picture is amazing........and yes perceptions do matter in all issues...

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger Suguna said...

that pic was cool. N i agree with kavitha that perceptions differ

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very true... Its always the way we percieve things that drives us towarda conflict.. Maybe we should put ourselves in other's shoes before we put our point..

And thanks for visiting my blog... got you linked now.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:46:00 AM  
Blogger caleb said...

hey
thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!
what do you consult in?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:27:00 AM  
Blogger che sara sara said...

awesome pic....my perception frog refers confinement to ones self (kinatru thavalai)and a horse to freedom ..or something let free or power....so nice...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thank you all, for posting your comments for the first time, except sophia.

sophia.. your perception on the picture is too good.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Balaji said...

ramc, great picture. seen a few pics with illusions like this but this was new. good find :)

sophia, nicely said.

Balaji

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home