if i

Monday, May 02, 2005

Undisclosed Destination Zone..

I hv the experience of being in the middle of two different departure zones, in my career.

Departure zone #1

This Organisation where I worked earlier, was so sensitive about departure of its employees for their future prospects. It is a good feeling that they don't want the employees to go out and would like them to stay on forever in their orgn itself. They even lure them to stay, by giving additional benefits. These things are normal.

But, what happens next is ridiculous.

Sometimes, the management doesn't want the departing guy to reveal to other staff members -the destination & his objective. Few years back, I had this experience....

Four of my colleagues departed at the same time (within a span of 3 months). I came to know about the future plans of two. But, we were told about the remaining two in a different manner... Both were said to be departing for managing our overseas operations in France & US.

I believed that news for sometime. Later, when I came to realise that they had gone to these places for their higher studies, I felt very bad... Was it due to the Management attitude or was it because of my ex-colleagues attitude, who didn't reveal the purpose atleast on a personal front? It was due to both their attitudes.

When I highlighted this issue when I quit, they informed me that this approach will be amended. It may be amended immediately or may not...... I believe, they hv the apprehension that the morale of other employees may be affected. May be, it will take time for the Management approach to change & face the reality!!!!


Undisclosed zone???? Posted by Hello


Departure Zone#2

In this new Orgn, where there are too many employees, it is very difficult to interact with everyone. So, it is obvious that the departing guys don't hv time to reveal to everyone as to where they are going.

But I heard that, most of them don't reveal their destination zones, even to close friends. They might hv thought that the prospects may be spoiled, if it is disclosed & spread among everyone. They might hv preferred to avoid some delicate questions like benefits...., so might hv completely hidden all the facts.

I am still wondering, why these different approaches are there, at the first place. What will happen if the destination job is revealed and the guys leave in a happy mood?

Are these practices still noticed in many of the workplaces? Or is my situation peculiar? I hope these situations to be peculiar, since I don't want to be a guy to follow or forced to follow these approaches, in my future career.

2 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

It happens all the time.

I don't know why. I've come across people who've said the truth and who have said lies about where they went.

Some lied because the management will bad mouth them ( why ?)

Some lied for no reasons I feel.

About Myself - I would never lie.!

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Mistrust and negative vibes have infiltrated organizations so much that people have become very much secretive in the conduct of their affairs. Of course, one needs to be able to have a compartmentalized view of office friends and personal friends since it is generally not good for these two worlds to intersect but again one should not become too suspicious since beyond a point, one will stop to believe oneself "thannai thaane, thannai thaane nambaathathu sandeham" :-)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home