if i

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Had I been Kidnapped then??

.
If I was kidnapped on that day, what would have been my current profession?
Just a rewind.....

It happened during my early school days in Madurai.... It was an early era of Gas cylinders in the households and people used to fulfill their fuel requirements thru Kerosene from the Co-operatives and other Grocery shops. We were not one among the exceptions. We were also waiting for our Gas Cylinders from Indane (Indian Oil sub), after registration. (Relatives who got the connection earlier, used to beam a lot. Normally, the waiting period used to be long - few years!!!).

Unfortunately the Iran-Iraq war was the happening event then, which affected the fuel availability a lot. People used to get and store as much as fuel they need, in their house. If there was a news that a particular outlet was releasing fuel to everyone, people used to throng that place. I had that experience of accompanying my Mom.

The said incident happened on a school holiday. I was alone with my younger brother at home. One stranger came to our house and said my Dad is waiting in the nearby Co-op store and asked someone from our house to come there with a CAN & money. As a dutiful son, I left my brother in our neighbour's house and went with that stranger. I thought of making a wise decision.
As he claimed, my Dad was not waiting there. Somehow, he convinced me and asked me to buy the Kerosene. After getting the CAN filled, he told me that he will deliver it at my house and will bring one more CAN to buy some more. I agreed to it and gave the CAN to him (without even thinking that no one was there at home!!!).

I waited.. and waited.. and waited..for a long time. The conman never returned. After sometime, my Mom reached that place and realised the situation. She took me back with some nice scoldings.... Anyhow, she thanked all the known Gods that I was brought back safely. For me, that was a lesson learnt. Even now, if a stranger approaches me, my mind thinks a lot about his intentions.

Now.. the first line again...
If I was kidnapped on that day with some wrong intentions, what would have been my current profession?

1) An Iron-ore shop owner
2) Internet / Telephone Booth owner
3) Dhaal / Rice - wholesale distributor
4) Some Underworld / Goonda element in Chennai
5) A Cine actor like Vadivelu or Vijaykanth (both from Madurai) or some other cine technician
6) PTC bus driver
7) Kandhu Vatti Dhaadhaa (Underworld Financier)
8) Left hand of 'Viduthalai Siruthai' Thirumavalavan or 'PMK' Ramadoss
9) Strong Union Leader in Chennai Port
10) 'Udhayam' or 'Devi' theatre employee.
If you ask me based on my attitude & passion, I might have selected one of these.. (2),(3),(5) or (10). What is your guess?
.

28 Comments:

Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

How about a kavi udai sanyasi.!!

Scary Indeed. Wonder how you landed up in Singapore??

Just kidding.!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger tt_giant said...

Man.. terrible experience.
With the current kidnappings happening rampantly in the US, one can only assume the worst.
In a lighter vein, I was lost in the Singapore Airport when I came there for vacation (1990). Nice arse-whupping from my parents when they found me eventually.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:32:00 PM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

i loved the humour used 2 describe a serious situation...i was lost in the madras cricket stadium once...i could not find my father...wonder what would have happened to me?maybe i would have become like velu nayakar...lol

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

idulla kooda cinema connectiona.
Vadivelu is fine........I can't visualize u a Vijayakanth. Damil-la enakku pudikatha ore actor Vijayakanth.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

Enna Ram,

vallavar, nallavar, mutrum aridhavar nu poduveenga nu patha......Auto driver, pilla pidikaravar, kalla charaayam vikaravar nu list pannitu poreenga ? ;p

Amaam, Match-fixing, Stamp paper, Stock market, Petrol Bunk scam ellam vittuteengale ;-)

Nice articulation !

Arvind

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger Anjali said...

Choice2&3I presume:)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger GS said...

cine actor ah? Heroine-ah yaarunga?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger KRTY said...

Kaps,

Damil mattumilla, Malayalam, Kannadam , Hindhi ,Oriya, Marathi, French , Hebrew pondra Entha Mozhiyilum Enakku Pudikkatha Ore Actor Vijayakanth.

ramc,

You would still have come to his situation, and sitting and blogging. the guy who kidnapped you gets a great fortune. he is amazed by your talent, and you help him in great extent in his further kidnaps. The you and your boss go to Singapore on demand, for international kidnapping. Later you settle down in Singapore.

BTW, you will have a sister concern called Sambhar Mafia.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, considering your posts I feel you would have propbably have landed up in the movies as an actor/ technician.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be definitely related to movies. Another option is makeup man to some movie stars ( Vadivelu Vijayantkh if you choose to keep the MAdurai connection ). Hard work if u ask me

Thuglak

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Chez said...

Hey... எப்படி? எப்படிப்பா இதெல்லாம்??

அதுவா வருது?? LOL..

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:49:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Mr.Narayanan.. Fate had pushed me in to singapore :-) :-) Nothing else.

TT_Giant.. Otherwise, I would have met you somewhere in Singapore. Isn't it? :-) :-)

Arch_Storm --- Why not? That might have been possible, considering the background of the Conman who took me that day...

Siddarth -- You are so much influenced with Velu naicker's work... Is it because, your uncle was associated with the movie? Just joking...

Kaps - cinemala manasu ooriducchu ...enna pandrathu

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Arvind .. thanks for visiting. Considering the profile of the person who might have kidnapped me, I can think of only these kind of job profiles. let me be practical :-) :-)

Anjali / Kavitha - your choices are mine.. so, there is more possibility.

Gayathri -Nowadays there are too many options for Heroines, you know.... :-) :-) :-)

Keerthi.. Good idea to get associated with SMafia.. we could hv done better business, than the existing profession.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Thuglak.. If it is a makeup man, will it be for a hero or heroine?? aasai.....

M.A.

enna LOLLU ithu? athu ellam thaanaa vanthutrukku.....

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe u wud ve been shipped off to some other country and made to beg and u mite have (cinema style) run away and made it big and then come to S'pore anyways...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Cogito said...

I connected option 4 and your photo and started laughing :-)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Angelsera.. Ya..I might have come to Singapore for a star show or might hv started a blog as a celebrity (like Chinmayi)..so that I might have got more visitors to my blog.

Cogito.. Don't underestimate based on the kid's photo... Indha poonaiyum paal kudikumaa, kathai thaan!!! Atleast, I might have become a Harshad Mehta type hifi personality...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Woodooz said...

The story of the can man turning into a con man eh ?

For all you know, you could have come on TV... with 4-5 terrorists standing behind you and demanding a ransom. Phew. You could have become popular !!!

It reminds me of how I went to pay my Telephone bill and gave all the 3000 bucks to a total stranger who said he would assist me in paying the bill... I refused to go home after that until my mom convinced me that it was ok !

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger ioiio said...

has happened to me too...

This time I had abt 200 bucks in hand..and I was going to the bus stand to give it to my bro who had forgot it at home.. I wast at 8th std then..

One stranger convinced me that he will take me in the bike and catch the bus and will give it to him..

Then evrything happened the way u had explained..

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Pavals said...

பீச்சுல சுண்டல் கூட வித்திருக்கலாம்.. :-)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Somu / Ioiio

So, I am not alone in this world of conmen.. I hv some known bloggers too, like me...good.

ராசா

வருகைக்கு நன்றி....ஒரு வேளை சுண்டல் கடை முதலாளி ஆகி இருக்கலாமே!!! என்ன ஒரு Positiveஆன எண்ணம் பாருங்க..

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 3:36:00 AM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

i came ot ur blog from siddharths, like ur writing. i think ud ave become an actor like vadivelu(vijaykaths is bad) or become a teamaster in some hotel? or parota podaravan? illati neengal oru kaiyeandi bhavan open pannikkarakama?

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:13:00 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

I dont know about your taste but as a kid, I thought being a theatre employee/owner was nice. One gets to watch movies everyday and good movies can be watched again and again. Now it sounds silly but at that time it didnt.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger saranyan r said...

ada da, you could be still blogging, but being some underworld don. Oru nalla ram gopal varma padam miss panna maadhiri irukkey :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Nallavelai, Kaps and Keerthi pondror Vijayakanthai thaan pidikkaadhunnu sonnaanga.

"Thennavan"ai pidikkaathunnu sollaadha varaikkum naan thappichchen

:-)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

srivatasan / saranyan / baejaar -- thanks for so many ideas.

thennavan - ungkala yaar appadi solluvaa...?

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

hahaha.. best thing is no. 10.. freeya ella padamum paathutte irundhirukalaam.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:55:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Chakra

I used to feel it sometimes, that I should have entered the cine industry due to the glamour.. oosila nirayai paarkalame...

Thursday, June 16, 2005 7:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home