if i

Monday, June 13, 2005

Tagged... Shouldn't wait anymore!!!

.
The Bug has bitten me several times.. Even then, I didn't act immediately on that. Reason, I wanted to recollect some from my memory. Of-late I stopped buying more books, since I couldn't find time to read big novels. I am still reading a book which I bought couple of months back.

Thanks to Bala, Ganesh, Cogito & Ansh for tagging me.

Total Number of Books I Own: 25 (both fiction and non fiction)

I used to buy novels / books, while I am travelling. Now the travelling has been reduced. So, the collections have also reduced. I would like to add a lot of novels to my shelf. May be, I will do that once I am absolutely free (Will it happen???). During my school days, I had helped my mom to take the continuing stories from 'Kumudam' ' Vikatan' & bind them. Like that, I have 20 bound novels.

Last Book I bought: 'The coming Collapse of China' by Gordon G.Chang

Last Book I was gifted: 'Competing for the Future' by Gary Hamel & C.K.Prahalad
Last Book I read: 'The Great Indian Dreams' by Malay Chaudhuri & Arindam Chaudhuri
I am currently reading: 'The coming Collapse of China' by Gordon G.Chang... I don't know when I am going to complete it. It looks like a long project, due to lack of time.
Five Books that mean a lot to me:

1. 'As the Crow flies' by Jeffrey Archer
The positive aspect brought out by the author thru the lead character had impressed me a lot. I used to be a very fragile & vulnerable character earlier. The positiveness out of this novel had made me very strong, later on.
2. 'Rage of Angels' by Sidney Sheldon
This is the first English novel which made me to divert into fiction English novels. The push factor was that I had read the novel, when it was translated into Tamil initially in 'Kumudham' by R.K.Rangarajan as 'Jeniffer'. Later, it made me to jump to several other Sidney Sheldon novels.

3. 'The Money Changers' by Arthur Hailey
The reality of banking industry & the turmoil which U.S. had undergone in 60's & 70's were nicely etched in this novel. He had woven the story very nicely, which made me to collect lot more realistic fictions of Hailey later.

4. Vasantha Kala Kutrangal (Tamil) by Sujatha
This novel was the gateway for me into the tamil novel world. I was so impressed by his work that I used to hunt for his books from then onwards. This made me his ardent fan. (Another novel, which impressed me a lot was his 'Nila Kaalam' which was made into a movie, & went unnoticed commercially)
5. Thaayumannavan (Tamil) by Balakumaran
This novel had brought out the reality of a family life, at an young stage to me. This was about a husband who takes care of his wife & child, at a critical situation. Later, this novel came out as a serial in Doordharshan, which was well made.

My other favourite authors are Endamoori Virendranath (normally translated into tamil by Susila KanagaDurga), Saandilyan & John Grisham.

Now it is my turn to tag five people and make them to do this on their blogs. I am tagging ....
So, guys pl. do the honours...
.

10 Comments:

Blogger GS said...

was surprised to see Sidney Sheldon on a guy's list! He is one of my favourite authors!

Thanks for tagging me! It'll be my next post!

Monday, June 13, 2005 8:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaps, during my childhood years, I/we had no clue why my grandfathers name was Thayumon...it was so strange and sounded so funny! Later, when I was told and realised the significance behind the name..I felt like a complete idiot! Unfortunately, my grandfather is no more..how I wish he were around..it would be nice to talk to him and go back to his time all over again! :(

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Ram, i meant your name instead of Kaps! Sorry!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:21:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Gayathri.. Awaiting your book list

Ansh... thanks for sharing your view

Ravi.. it is OK.. I remember visiting one temple somewhere, with the one of the deity being 'Thaayumaanavar'. I am not sure where.... As you said, it has a wonderful meaning behind it.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger Angelsera said...

eerrr..I am a bit lost...what exactly am i supposed to do when I am book tagged??

write abt all the books i ve read so far??or even the ones i have liked..that will prob take far too long...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Angelsera

Try to shortlist.. that's the trick here. Now, you need to really work hard. :-) :-) :-)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:41:00 AM  
Blogger Ganesh said...

ram nice ones

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Baala kumaran
Endamuri virendranath
sandilyan ( vannap puraa)

Umm, I forgot these writers.!!

Wonder what they are doing now?

Good one Ram.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Ganesh ..thanks.

Mr.Narayanan
Balakumaran - is still in the field. He has also moved into movies - for dialogue writing.

Saandilyan was the one who wrote 'Kadal pura' (I don't think it is 'Vannap pura'). He is no more.

I am not sure about EVNath. He is not from tamil nadu and I couldn't google him.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Angelsera said...

ok ok gimme sometime to think n write it

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home