if i

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Vishwa Vinayaka

.
Last weekend, I had an invitation to attend a Dance programme... Initially, I didn't have the inclination to go for it. However the decision was changed later on, by the Home Ministry. I would have regretted otherwise, for missing that show.

The Programme which was presented by the Temple of Fine Arts, was co-ordinated in a wonderful way with dancers from the age of 7 years. The beauty is that they are from different places - Australia, Malaysia, India & Singapore, and I was told that they had the training session for their part individually in their countries and finally mixed here. Amazing co-ordination!!!

The programme titled 'Vishwa Vinayaka' (on Lord Ganesha) combined the traditional and contemporary dance movements to present a dynamic and moving dance fusion with stunning choreography. The songs were rendered by SPB & Shankar Mahadevan and were mesmerizing.






I could recollect the last dance programme which I watched 2 decades back in Madurai, when we got an invitation for the dancer Swarnamukhi's solo dance. Eventhough, the technology has improved nowadays so much for the stage background, audio effects, visual effects etc., the original art has not changed so much. Still, it has its own mesmerizing quality & life. By end of the day, I was happy about the splendid evening.
Don't miss the review of 'Ullam Ketkumae' after this post...
.

15 Comments:

Blogger Chez said...

The pics u've got shows it all.. great..

And, Manoj, not all carnatic concerts are so boring.. I've attended two so far.. one by Kadri Gopalnath and other by Nithyashree.. both were superb, even though they are intrumental /vocal.. u just get involved in the resonance of their music..

Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger GS said...

wow ... looks like a great show! How do people hear about these things?

Sunday, June 12, 2005 6:37:00 PM  
Blogger Angelsera said...

but I didnt like the fact tt in th eposters vinayaka was posing like Krishna with a flute and girls all ard him....that is incorrect...
u r tellin the wrong information to ppl who r not aware tt vinayakar is supp to be a staunch bramachari...n prob sth I cannot accept as a dancer is the way ppl misrepresent stories in the name of 'contemporary'.That isnt what contemporary dancing is about...

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:21:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Manoj / Magnus Astrum.. I didn't feel bored during the 2 hours show. Definitely, some shows are worth watching.

Gayathri.. My friends daughters were also part of the dancers. So, I got to know thru them.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Angelsera..

I saw the poster, which you are talking about. You are right.. they were portraying him, as you had mentioned, which they could hv avoided. However, the dance sequences didn't go on those lines.

But, in puranaas, I know Lord Ganesha was portrayed as one who knows dancing (Narthana Vinayagar) and with two wives (Sithi-Puthi Vinayagar).. Pl.correct me, if I am wrong in that Sithi-Puthi Vinayagar part.

Sunday, June 12, 2005 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

i think there are more shows like this in s.pore than in india.....

have fun ensoi....

Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Suguna said...

hey good one man. i love classical dance but can only appreciate classical music as i cannot talk abt raagas for nuts

Monday, June 13, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Me..thanks

Suguna.. My knowledge base too is very poor on Carnatic music ...

Monday, June 13, 2005 6:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as far as i know, sidhi n budhi r not his wives but rather an abstract way to show the 2 aspects of vinayaka,but in some parts of india vinayaka has 2 wives supposedly.but then again i m no expert in these matters

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case any1 is interested, the Srinivas Perumal Temple in singapore just went thru Kumba veshesham.. and 48 days of Madalabhishegham,full of concerts n dance programmes.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Angelsera

thanks for reminding me about the programmes in Perumal Temple.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post a video of the Vishwa Vinayaka performance on You Tube?

Thursday, January 24, 2008 12:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I have seen the video in doordarshan hyderabad this year. May I know where you saw the stage dance on vishwa vinayaka? I would be grateful to you if you can give the details to get the video

Saturday, October 04, 2008 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i have seen this video many years back i want to watch this again can u please post this video or mail this to my mail address please

Monday, April 06, 2009 4:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hii I Was one among the audience who were mesmerized that evening by this splendid performance.I am just trying hard to find this video online can anyone help me please..

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home