if i

Monday, July 04, 2005

My Own Castle

.
I had never got a chance to involve directly in building a house - I mean from the scratch to the complete one. Being an apartment here in Singapore, I didn't have the feeling yet. But, I had seen my Dad working tirelessly to accomplish his target. He enjoyed each & every stage of the construction - irrespective of foundation, any additions etc.,
.
The pity is, I didn't have a chance to build even castles on the river beds / beaches. I moved to Chennai after my college days, with an aim of building ambitions (not castles). I knew that, building castles in the Marina Beach is an awesome experience (I mean, at an appropriate age)... But, I can count the occassions of our visit there.. so limited.

Nowadays also, the chances are very limited. May be due to non-availability of exotic beaches or lack of time on my side. But my son is always crazy about those sand-castle play sets, which the neighbour kids (!!) have. Even if he doesn't have a chance to visit beach, he will play with those kids in the nearby playground.

This pic was taken during one of our winter holidays. My son was so excited when I too joined him in building some forts (do they look like?) I convinced him..that they are forts. We also built the canals connecting those little kingdoms. At the end, I realised the joy of finishing a mammoth construction project.
.
I'm not sure when I will get a chance for a real construction project, considering the booming prices in India. Whenever it is, I am just waiting for it .... to get involved as my Dad did.

BTW...Are you able to identify the beach, in that pic? (not India)
.
135th post

16 Comments:

Blogger வெங்கி / Venki said...

May God Bless you with your dreams and wishes.

You can build forts like houses in India but not with canals connecting them (if so how will you fill it with water!!! Ha ha ha), probably a swimming poll would do.

I think its the Pattaya Beach! Am I right Ram?

Monday, July 04, 2005 5:55:00 PM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

this remids me of the times when i frequented besant nagar to build such castles.
ram the pic is filled with sand, every beach has sand, inda madri our pica kuduthu eppadi identify panarathu, yenakku teriyala

Monday, July 04, 2005 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Venki..thanks.. but it is not Pattaya. He didn't come for that.

Vatsan.. good Q. So, what clue can I give...? hey.. I hv already given one as 'Winter' holidays..May be another one... a fun filled coastal area.

Monday, July 04, 2005 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

i like the fact that this piece is innocent and unasuming...adults forget to c the child in them...this is refreshing...btw how old is ur son?

Monday, July 04, 2005 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

mmmm....brings back old memories....i have lots of exp in building these in beach, river, canal even in the sand that comes to build homes...miss those days...

Monday, July 04, 2005 9:56:00 PM  
Blogger Orange Fronkey said...

Awww... this is one of the sweetest entry I've read.

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Aaththoram (or beachchoram :-)) manaleduththu azhagazhagaai veedu katti

Thottam vechchu chedi valarththu joraaga kudiyiruppom

:-)

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Prabha said...

Its obvious its not India.Theres no crowd :D

Monday, July 04, 2005 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger PVS said...

Your ideas are big...nanaga, veedu kati, pakkathula kinaru thaan katti irukom :))

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:13:00 AM  
Blogger Woodooz said...

Well are u planning to come back to India to pursue your Castle building dream ? Well you have lotsa loan options that makes a sweet home affordable for everyone... though the prices are sky rocketting !!!

Good luck with it :o)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:01:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

OK..one more hint in addition to the previous ones.."during winter holidays" and "fun filled COASTal area". This is from the nearby 'gankoo' land.... any takers??

Siddharth.. sometimes these inner feelings come out and make us so happy. this was one of that moment. Reg, my son's age... it will take some more years for him to reach his 'teen'. BTW.. don't assume my age (if you want to know, look into my last week's post on wimbledon) since I got married at an early age.

ME....here too.
thennavan - itha, itha, ithath thaan ethir paartheen..

prabha - can you guess now, from my first para....

merino / PVS / somu - thanks....

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thennavan

BTW.. your new avataar (photo) is very nice..

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:44:00 AM  
Blogger Balaji said...

nice post... my dad, a civil engineer, built our own house from scratch. so i too understand what u mean...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Ram, en profile photovil mayangiyadarku nandri :-)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Prakahs / Balaji...u r right and agree with the same.

Venki / Vatsan / Prabha / Prakash.. that was taken in Goldcoast, AU.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thanks,ansh

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 3:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home