if i

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Change of Residence

Last week one of my colleague approached me for some suggetions... to check whether it is reliable to give credit card number for a service thru the Net. The said service is nothing but an Astrological one. It seems for the last 2-3 years he would be getting a free mail from them whenever there was a major change in his life. He accepted that most of the times certain incidents happened and deviated his life further. Each & every free mail will intimate a tip-of-iceberg info and lure them to pay more to get a detailed one. Since,he was convinced with the little info what he was getting, he has decided to go for a detailed one on-payment, this time.

Nowadays, I have also started accepting the technicalities of this science (but not thru the net). But Why, nowadays?

It was like "Believe - Shun - Believe again" in my graph...

During my school days, I accompanied my Mom once to an astrologer (numerologist). After going thru the numbers, he conveyed certain things to my Mom. Few attracted my attention too (1) My academic excellence (2) My travelling nature.

That was enough for me, to get demotivated. She shouldn't have taken me along with her. My concentration level on studies reduced immensely. It was a sort of floating in the air and I thought I would be a rank holder(!!) in the board exams. Eventhough I knew that I didn't perform well, I expected a miraculous result. Alas.. I didn't know that the astrology won't help if you don't put efforts. The result was not as expected and an average one.

That was the turning point. I decided that it was farce to believe the science & started concentrating in my studies whole-heartedly. Whether my disbelief on the science was right or wrong, my efforts didn't fail me. During my college days as well as my professional days I got couple of noted recognitions. Within few years, I was forced(!!) to dislocate out of India and did travel to many countries officially and personally. Even then, my belief on that science didn't get that stronger.

The Wheel started changing again - with bad tunes. Couple of incidents pushed me to a corner and made me to consider the stars again. Each and Every one like Guru, Sani, Rahu, Kethu duly played their part during those couple of years. Each & every incident was linked to one of them. After few years, when the brighter side started unfolding slowly, my belief on the science started flourishing again. But this time, the belief came along with a maturity. You put the efforts and will be paid appropriately. That's what I had learnt.

Why all these stuff suddenly?


Because, today (19-Sep) is Guru Peyarchi. It is a general belief that Sri Guru Bhagawan's movement from one astrological home to another brings about good benefits and at times ill effects also. In conjunction with his shifting of residence(!!), so many poojas are being held in the temples today as parigharam for the ill effects. Normally his movement to 2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th & 11th places are expected to bring up some positive moments. Beyond this, I don't know much on this shifting. So, let me stop.

However, I agree that this is not the only determinant in one's life. Additional efforts are required to overcome any ills or to achieve some targets. Dependence on this science, is just to appease one's wavering mind and to consider the happenings of our life (which are beyond our hands) as it is.

Hope & wish the year ahead is positive and good for all of you. It is a matter of perception. So, pl. ignore this post if you don't believe in this science.


And here are some related links for this year...

(a) Sri Varasidhi Vinayagar Sath Sangh, Besant Nagar, Chennai
(b) E-Prathana
(c) Sify

189th post

17 Comments:

Blogger tt_giant said...

Although I am not very keen in astrology, I did go on a trip to NAVAGRAHA sthalams after my 12th exams.
I just beleive in God. Thats it.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 7:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually in the morning I was watching the live telecast in Jaya TV of the Guru Temple at aalangudi.
Sometimes I feel that Indian way of astrology does have a way of deducing the truth.
I have read the books of BV Raman and feel that there is a scientific background to it too.
Most of the time the interepreters make mistakes which may create disbelief in the science.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Woodooz said...

Ram, I have a question totally unrelated to the post.

How do you post a pic and have your write up on the side ?

My write ups are usually below or above the pic... Cud u throw some light ?

Sunday, September 18, 2005 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

hope u speak abt ur experiences while traveling in future posts.i guess astrology is pure psychiatry.when u said today will be a lucky day i was unconciously hoping something awesome would happen 2 me 2 day.that's the human mind!

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

12th std padikkum podhu edho oru astrologer, naan super mark vaanguven nu sonnadhai nambi daydream panna kaalam ellam undu.. hehe..

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Deepak.. I used to be indifferent earlier. I am not like that nowadays, eventhough my concentration / dependence on this science is not that frequent & aggressive.

Vidya.. U r right. We always prefer to hear good things and shun the bad things. Human tendency... :-) :-)

Kavitha.. I have met couple of guys and observed the quality while they progress. Still I agree with you that Indian approach to this science, which is age old, is always better than this computerised era.

Monday, September 19, 2005 2:01:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Somu.. Hope you got my mail with details. Enjoy...

Siddharth.. I thought of unravelling the travelling experience slowly, due to lack of time and collection of thoughts. Will definitely do it. Eventhough, I appreciate the science, I don't depend on the daily predictions. They may not be accurate, in my perception.

Chakra... so, we were in the same boat of thoughts earlier....

Monday, September 19, 2005 2:04:00 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

I have been to alangudi. My faith level is just minimal. But i have noticed, any turn in life so far, has been driven around the change of planetary positions.
But to sum up, i believe in this.

Deiva bhakthi, gayathri japam, nithya karma, helps sustain during the not so favourable patches.

Monday, September 19, 2005 4:32:00 AM  
Blogger Aatma said...

Sarvam sri krishnatpanam, don't want to believe in anything else Ram.

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:09:00 PM  
Blogger GS said...

how much truth in it ... I have no idea. but people did predict a lot of stuff from my horoscope, which eventually can true. Surprising but true.

BTW, I moved back to blogger, but here ... http://realitycrap.blogspot.com. Sorry for the trouble.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

TJ/ Aatma.. I agree with you guys that having belief on God is beyond all other faith. Sometimes, certain things which happen beyond our hands are assumed to be out of stars.. eventhough we call it is 'kadavul seyal'

gayathri.. your new one is cool. BTW.. why another blogger spot? You could have use the same 'sand images'...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:46:00 AM  
Blogger Raju said...

Ram, I dont have any belief in them. But, lot of Indians do believe.. esp. women. My fate, I believe, is entirely in my hand, mouth and brain.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Rags said...

These kind of beliefs get me going... I totally recognize the fact that without my efforts nothing is posible. But I use these as some motivational factors...

btw Good to see the Varasiddhi Vinayagar Link in the blog... Are you from Besant Nagar? I lived in the CPWD Qtrs...total Nostalgia...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

GP.. I 'was' like you. :-) :-) Now I hv experienced that those alone are not driving me....


Rags.. They are motivational factors if the are positive. Otherwise, we believe in God and push the life thru. I'm not from Besant Nagar... this VV link was given just for this 'guru peyarchi' schedule (obtained thru googling!!!)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Rags said...

Positive or Negative...Its how you take it...Either ways I would work to prove it right, if positive and prove it wrong, if negative..

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

I agree.. That's how we should get along with this science. Definitely this approach will improve our thoughts and life.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Astrologer Omkar Ji said...

That is a really great post.

Friday, June 10, 2022 3:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home