if i

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Enjoy..Laugh... don't miss the moments

Scene#1
It was another year which had gone by.. and I moved into the next year, this week. Every year it comes and goes, so what's the speciality this year? Ok.. this time, I have more people to share some of my views.

It was an occasion which I had never noticed or realised so much during my school days / college days. It was just like any other day. Only at the time of filling up some application for some purpose, I bring it out of my mind. Even going to the temples on this day was rare.

But it has changed during the last couple of years. It has become a day on which you feel that some people are aware of it - family / friends (I should definitely include my Credit card co., Insurance co., Automobile Association etc). Greeting cards, SMS, Special cake offers blah blah.... some special gifts occasionally.

This time, my son blushed while giving me a self-made B'day card and a small key chain. When my better-half gave me a wrapped box, he got very curious to open it instantly. Since I wasn't that curious to open it immediately, my wife insisted on it. Her words, 'Be curious to open your gift.. Be a kid'. I obliged.. hey, it was a cute Laughing Buddha. There was an instant laugh from my son on seeing his belly.

There is a general belief that rubbing his belly brings wealth, good luck, prosperity. I hope I don't rub his belly too much. I don't want him to become lean.. :-) :-)



Scene#2
Another aspect which I could observe was the smiling face. It's not even a smile.. a big laugh. It insists on enjoying the life every moment and laugh at good things instantly, not only smile. I don't laugh out loudly.. just a Chuckle. Aren't we supposed to laugh at good things to make ourselves light? I have learnt it in the recent days.... to laugh like a kid.

Eventhough I don't crack nice jokes, I made it a practice to enjoy the moments... No silly feelings...(Goundamani stylela)Even some silly jokes had made me to laugh out loudly, whether it is out of movies or forwarded mails. Few used to be rib-tickling ones..like these..

#1
What do you think the gangster's son would have told his dad, when he failed his examination?
"Dad they questioned me for 3 hours but I never told them anything."

#2
A little boy went up to his father and asked, "Dad, where did all of my intelligence come from?"
His father replied, "Well, son, you must have gotten it from your mother, because I still have mine."

#3
Sunny's teacher sent a note home to his Mother saying, "Sunny seems to be a very bright boy, but spends too much of his time thinking about girls."
The Mother wrote back the next day, "If you find a solution, please advise. I have the same problem with his Father".

Laughter is the best medicine for many ills... so better LOL and enjoy each and every moment of the life... :-) :-)
197th post

15 Comments:

Blogger Aatma said...

Happy Birthday Ram, Nice of you to share the special moments with us.

Yes we have to learn to live in the moment, enjoy the moment and cherish our life.

Read my blog on Zen and its fundamentals, i have tried to tell our friends the same exact thing

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger Rags said...

Happy Birthday Ram...The jokes were hilarious...

I totally agree...Infact I feel that we should make it a point make somebody laugh everyday...Trust me its a great feeling..

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

Happy Birthday Ram.

It is important to have fun in life. If one can't crack good jokes it is better that we are in the company of some friends who can crack good jokes.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

happy b'day ram :)

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger JB said...

Belated bday wishes Ram..Hope you had a great blast !

Jb

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

belated happy birthday,

its important to laugh, ada maranda, vazkhai will become a drudgery,

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:26:00 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

I suspect this is a belated wish - happy belated birthday ram ;)

what is life without laughter ;))

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:29:00 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Pirandha naal vaazhthukkal Ram. One of my friends also celebrates the birthday today, and so does his crush Kushboo. ;)

Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

absolutely ram!punagaiyum sandoshamum dan nimadiyin ragasiyum..glad 2 c enjoyed ur birthday with ur family.laughing buddha is 2 cute namba chetiyar bomaigal madri.ur such a plesant guy and ur posts always reflect a positive attitude 2 life.hope 2 meet u when u come 2 chennai!!!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Bday Ram!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thnks for your wishes friends...

Aatma.. your Zen piece was good. keep them coming.

Rags / kaps .. agree with your points. as I said, if I don't crack nice ones, I join the ones who crack them.

Vatsan.. I agree with you.

Visithra.. U r right. But 'belated' is not a big issue...

TJ..Kushboo 29th-Sep aaa.... romba pakkathila thaan irukkaanga.

Siddharth.. U r right. it resembles the chettiar bombai. And would be glad to meet you, when I am there..

Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

wow!thanks 4 the prompt review ram!yesterday nite i was searching 4 d review in indiaglitz,galatta,etc.u have beat them!nenga solrada patta i think i will love gajini.i like both surya and asin so it is gonna be fun.

btw i saw momento last week.just like u say abt gajini i dont know y it is called momento!!

Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger GS said...

Happy Birthday Ram. Better late than never I guess.

Enjoy! have fun

Friday, September 30, 2005 1:56:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

siddharth.. enjoy ghajini as well..

Gayathri.. thankx.

Friday, September 30, 2005 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

VJ.. agree 100% with you. LOL eases out the stress levels.

Friday, September 30, 2005 8:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home