if i

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Expressions & talks.... differ!!!

During the weekend outing, met one of my colleague in the MRT (local train). Eventhough, I don't have constant touch with him and not in my regular email groups, I used to interact with him on certain technical issues from time to time.

The discussions went on as usual on official front, since we didn't have any other topic to talk about. His approach on the subject which we were broaching on, made a Desi girl standing beside us to throw a strange look on us. Reason... 'I know everything...' type of deliveries which he had made. His added comments on certain process oriented work, which I used to carry out in my way, irked me a bit.

However, I am used to these type of talks nowadays. Whenever I used to meet up these people who talk this way, I simply smile and approve whatever they talk and go ahead... unless, it affects me directly where I may want to return back to them. During my school days / college days, I didn't know how to differentiate these sort of talks. The journey thru the last couple of years and experience of meeting people of different races and countries, made it amusing to watch them talk.

Some people talk openly that 'their Organisation depends on them completely and nothing will move without them'. Possibly, true. The way they deliver it, may put us in an awkward postion. You may end up hearing some sarcastic comments too about others' abilities. But hearing it directly from the horse's mouth may make us uncomfortable.

However, these talks are better than those pessimistic ones. Whatever they talk may bring in unwanted jitters at that moment. I used to avoid them as much as possible or try to put their perspectives positively. If they keep on continuing, I simply close my ears.. and keep on nodding for whatever they talk... Best way to handle them :-) :-)

The best hilarious part is when someone talks in Muthulakshmi's way. [??? the way she talks with Thangavelu in 'Arivaali' ... prior to making Chappathis]. When they ask you a query and when you start explaining it, they used to continue 'ah.. I know this, I know this.. ' etc., After sometime, when you ask 'what will you do next?'.. you get reply 'that's what I don't know'. To realise the intensity of this hilarious part, you should have enjoyed that comedy scene from 'Arivaali'.

You may happen to see some more facially expressive people - who smiles at you simpy. You may have to work hard to pull out words from them. The output may generally be short and sweet.

However, the best & ideal way of talk which you don't get to see 100% of the time is this.

'... I'm confident that it may happen. Let us see what happens.. It is OK, even if doesn't happen.. Let us put some additional efforts again, to achieve the same' etc.,

This seems to be Practical and Positive. But you don't get to see this approach with everyone you meet.

Would always be glad to be ideal as well as to move with ideal personalities as close as possible... to make my life and surroundings better. One of my ideal dreams... on which I work on constantly.
209th post

11 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

hahaha....i have met ppl in all the categories u have mentioned....muthu's way are the best ones...long time back i had a similar post

Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger JB said...

These kinda ppl are prevalent everywhere..Cannot do much abt them...Gotto live with them !..Avangala thirundhinaathaan undu ! :)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

ram super analysis, inda madri makkal r a big thollai, porathu dhaan poganum

Monday, October 17, 2005 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Shankar & Parvathy said...

Hi Ram, I could relate very much to your comments. Yeah, there are people like this everywhere. And yes, the best way to tackle is to keep nodding thru'out the conversation. Funny part is that they don't realize that you're not listening at all - some very basic questions, comments will keep them going - like 'Is that so?', 'Wow! I never knew that', 'Mm..that's the problem', 'Who?', 'Great!'. These words could be used freely in any conversation and they'd sound so apt.. not that the 'orator' will check if these phrases fall in the correct places.

Monday, October 17, 2005 2:24:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

ME.. enjoyed your post as well.. particularly the 'boasters'...

JB / Vatsan.. agree. we are living with all sorts of people with different attitudes. that's life. let us have fun with them as well.

Shankar..welcome to this world. I also use these type of fillers, as you had mentioned, while I am forced to stay with some persons who keep on talking what we don't want to hear.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:18:00 AM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

one of ur best posts 2 date ram..live and let live is the best philosophy 2 life.u have also added observe and learn 2 that.nice

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post, Ram.. Since I also have met all these kinds of people, I would become a 'listener' rather than a 'talker' unless there is no good talking worth mentioning goes on.

Monday, October 17, 2005 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Some speak up this way due to sheer peer pressure !

Monday, October 17, 2005 8:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Siddharth... :-) :-) thankx.

Raju.. I agree

Jayan.. Honestly, I don't agree on 'peer pressure'. I believe it is due to an attitude problem. This doesn't happen in office scenario alone. This happens among other circles also, apart from official issues.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger tt_giant said...

God!. I cant stand blowhards. I guess they have inferiority cplx in the first place and they somehow want to make it up. Added to that, if they also possess assumption of intellect... GOVINDA!.

Monday, October 17, 2005 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

deepak.. the assumption of intellect is the one, which will irk you sometimes...

Monday, October 17, 2005 8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home