if i

Monday, October 10, 2005

Fight or Give up(!!) for a Cause

When you have only one Idiot Box and multiple programmes in different channels to watch simultaneously, you can expect a commotion in the living hall. During the Pre-Satellite TV era, when we were in Chennai - there used to be similar arguments with my brothers to watch certain programmes in DD1 & DD Metro. Obviously, preferences differ and you may tend to experience it very often...

Last sunday, similar situation arose. While I was into 'Sapthaswarangal', my son started pestering me. He wanted to change & view one of his favourite programmes 'Power Rangers' in the local channel. He tried in vain to get hold of the remote.. to realise later that he can't. He couldn't hide his frustration, since the continuity of the series has been missed out. [Note..Kids too prefer continuity in serials, not only tamizh thaaikulam]. Anyhow, he left the place finally....

Fortunately, my wife doesn't record 'Kolangal' (late night serial!!) nowadays since she is fed up of the never ending 'Abi' saga. Otherwise, I may have to unnecessarily give up(!!) some other interesting programmes in other channels. [Note.. No arguments here, just give up.... :-)]

Hope the above issues will be solved once this solution comes up.., which is expected to hit us soon.

This facility proposed by our local Cable company, allows us to record two programmes at the same time simultaneously. I believe there will be a price tag attached to it.. and hope it won't pinch me. I think, I can avoid the above situations, atleast thru this new facility.....
205th post

14 Comments:

Blogger Aatma said...

This post makes me nostalgic :) Nice Golu pictures Ram

Monday, October 10, 2005 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger Cogito said...

Haha...you know where to fight and where to give up :-)

Monday, October 10, 2005 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Kalakkunga. Tivo illaadha kuraichchal dhaan :-)

Monday, October 10, 2005 7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Woodooz said...

Veetukku Veedu Vaasapadi !!!

Seriously, if I can get my hands on Abhi I would only strangle her... Just too much... I only wish her building construction business goes bankrupt and they close down the show with a sad end !!!!

But recording two simultaneous channels ellaam konjam over... ;o)))

I am fighting for a seperate TV in my room... Not sure how much I can succeed .

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger Visithra said...

Ehhehehe remember ATA was formed for such tv conspiracies only ;p

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:17:00 AM  
Blogger Chez said...

Hehehe.. Sunday is when the fight for the tv programmes, reaches the crescendo. As cogito said, u know where to fight and where to give up.. vavaramaana aalu thaan.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:07:00 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Naradhar nyana pazhathai vida, indha TV romba shakthi vaaindhadu :P

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 4:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm.. interesting to know about the new gadget. Will surely help families, especially the ones with kids. I have seen they are the ones who are more passionate about cartoon channels and express them by crying out loud. Ladies or elderly people watching serials would have a silent moan..

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:13:00 AM  
Blogger JVC said...

its not too late Ram. ATA is there. Join our great association (Appaadaa! ATA secretary-a kokkaa ?urupadiyaa ippo oru velai pannitten)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:21:00 AM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

teleserial thollai for u too? super, join ATA as JVC sugggests (the president personally invites u)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

happens 4 me 2..very often when i want 2 watch a film or even sun music my father is sitting watching cricket..even if it is bangladesh vs zimbabwe or something.so u get our tamil channels.try and catch the raaja concert on jaya tv..

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Aatma.. yes, it happens. Makes you to revise what you had experienced earlier.

cogito / Magnus.. he he..:-) :-)

thennavan.. "Tivo"??? I didn't get it honestly..

Somu..aasai, thosai.. abi becoming bankrupt, will never happen...

visithra.. I support your ATA... as I said before.

TJ.. agreed.. athuvum andha remotekku oru adithadi nadakkumae...!!!

Raju.. if this goes to INdia, it will be a big feast on festive days, when multiple channel comes out with different programmes.

JVC / Vatsan.. we are always there to support you with regard to ATA..

Siddharth.. unfortunately, we get only SUN TV here.. :-( :-( So, we won't be able to watch the Raja Concert live..

VJ..hopefully..

SB..welcome to my comments section. I would prefer POGO instead of other craps..

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:10:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Ram, Tivo started the DVR revolution here in the US. Do a Google Image Search of it to see it :-)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thennavan.. thanks for clarifying... I did chk out in google.. :-) :-) Most likely that may also reach here soon...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home