if i

Sunday, January 08, 2006

அள்ளித் தரும் ம(இய)ந்திரம்

Just try to write the above in English....

Allith Tharum Ma(Ye)ndhiram.... or Allith Tharum Machine....


Aren't we getting ATM?

That's the literal meaning which my son perceived for ATMs, when I accessed them in India for my requirements. Eventhough he had accompanied me to ATMs in Singapore, he had never raised any queries earlier. This time in India, he exclaimed "Wow! how are you getting free cash from ATM, Dad? It is very good, isn't it?". Probably, he would have expressed that way due to the denomination of notes, which I might have withdrawn. For him, drawing 1000Rs. seemed to be greater than 40S$.

The same way, when he wanted to buy something which I refused, he would suggest me to use the credit card. His impression was that if we don't want to spend money, we can use Card and escape(!!). ['So, what if it is expensive, you can pay by card, isn't it?']

Since we have never got replies to this sort of queries from our parents, it took some time for me to explain the banking functions... I hope he realised the facts, that its our own money.

But, still it would be wonderful.. if someone pays for your spending, isn't it? That would be a fantasy dream, which I may want to be fulfilled (after totalling up my shopping bills)... :-( :-(
244th post

10 Comments:

Blogger Raju said...

mmm.. one similar thought/wish I get is, how about certain supermarkets/electronic shops allowing me to shop for just 15 mins? :-)

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:01:00 PM  
Blogger Chakra said...

An aunt of mine who lives in a remote village in TN, after seeing me pay by card at some shop in chennai said to my mom "kadai kaarangalai ellam unga paiyan nalla therinju vechirukaan... oru card a kaamichaan.. kadaikaaran paname vaangikala"!!!!

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:53:00 AM  
Blogger Rags said...

Ram, Its simple..use somebody else's Credit and Debit card...

Monday, January 09, 2006 2:06:00 AM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

er ya rags..
and run away before you get caught...

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

ATM-All Time Money :-)

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger Saravana said...

Wish I had a Alli Tharum Machine too :)) .. btw Ram r u India ... hows it going ... Happy new year man

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:08:00 AM  
Blogger tt_giant said...

Aaapu Thaan Maame (ATM)!

Reminds me a chris rock moment, where he tries to pay his credit card bill with the same credit card!

BTW, Raju, which shop did that to you??

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ATM - Any Time Money was my expansion when i first heard of that! Rags, kekkave superaa irukku!

Monday, January 09, 2006 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger Anu said...

huh..how life would have been easier if all of us had our own alli tharum machine (panam marathulaya kaaikum.. he he.. illa machine-la)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Raju said...

Oops.. I should have mentioned 'shop free'.. My favorite shop would be 'Best Buy'.. hehehe.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home