if i

Monday, August 21, 2006

Hello, Bangalore….!!!

That was a hard decision to make… But, I finally made it. One of the reason for my long abstinence from blogworld.

Two weeks are over, after I stepped into Bangalore. When I got this assignment with this reputed technological leader, I couldn’t decide whether to take it or not. Lots of questions cropped up regarding the viability, comparability, the relocation factors etc.

The first one to be struck off was the comparison factor. Life & the associated rewards are always different in various parts of the world. However, I found it hard to convince various parties who were around me. Different quarters had different opinions. Some felt that I was making a hasty decision leaving behind the $ earnings, Standard of living etc., which were comparably better than the Desi ones. However, some realized and accepted the fact that the move which I was making an appropriate at this point of my career, to achieve an expected growth and elevation. Anyhow, the final decision was ours (mine & my wife’s).

Even though, there were lots of loose ends left pending in Singapore, I arrived here exactly two weeks back…

My experience over the past two weeks can be summarized like this…

@ Good office environment meeting my expectations.

@ Known traffic congestion on the Bangalore roads (since I’m used to the Chennai’s Kodambakkam/ T.Nagar/ Teynampet mad rush).

@ Horrible pot-hole roads at important junctions and Roads. Nothing is going to happen, just because I’m mentioning it, since so many IT-gurus have highlighted this earlier.

I had a chance to go thru Sarjapur Road, where one of the campuses of Wipro is located. I could understand why Azim Premji is repeatedly reiterating for improvement in the road infrastructure. Check out this exclusive POTHOLE site for this city famous for potholes nowadays, rather than the gardens.

Couple of things are sure, if we travel in that Sarjapur road…
a) Pregnant ladies can be assured of a normal delivery
b) If you have a back ache, it will go away. If you don’t have one, you will get it.
c) Children (going to those international schools in the rural villages there) will have enjoyable bumpy rides.
d) Auto Drivers, in which we are commuting, are sure to ask for compensation for the auto parts which would come off during the ride. Next time, I should try for a good car and check out the impact…

More will continue soon… on my subsequent hunts.
272nd post

14 Comments:

Blogger IBH said...

hi ram....so u in bangalore for good? all the best for the move and new endeavours!

Monday, August 21, 2006 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Gladtomeetin said...

Hey, All the best for your new venture :-))

Monday, August 21, 2006 2:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ram - All the Best!

Monday, August 21, 2006 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

Hi Ram,
Glad to know that u are settling down. Hoping to see more frequent posts from u.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:26:00 AM  
Blogger G U R U said...

haha, funny ! especiallly a) and b) in the end were hilarious :-D

Good luck with Bangalore and please do check my post "The toughest" at http://jilponks.blogspot.com

Am sure u'll love it !

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Vinesh said...

Welcome to Bangalore!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:44:00 PM  
Blogger Cogito said...

Best Wishes for the new job ! Will miss ur "spore" posts .

Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:20:00 AM  
Blogger Chakra said...

Good luck to you Ram. Glad that you are settling down well.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Wishes,Ram !

Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy to know this Ram, Have fun.

Friday, August 25, 2006 2:29:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to Bangalore Ram ...

Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

thanks guys.. am settling down. hope to come out with regular ones soon..

Monday, August 28, 2006 7:07:00 AM  
Blogger Speech is Golden said...

My cousin's family moved from S'pore to B'lore recently and yes! they went thro' the same things - why leave $ earnings and neat orderly life in Singapore for chaos. But I am sure that it was a good decision. Hope you have a good time.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:49:00 PM  
Blogger Ganesh Venkittu said...

ram - I am in the same boat looking for opportunities to return back to Chennai after being in the US for 11 years..

can you give some insights? did you work with a corporate recruiter (or) directly with the organization?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home