if i

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Behind every successful Kid...

.
Yesterday, it was another dance performance. I was invited by my colleague, for his niece's performance at Singapore Indian Fine Arts Society (SIFAS) auditorium. His niece Ms.Kasturi Mallick from Delhi, is a disciple of Mrs.Saroja Vaidhyanathan of Ganesa Natyalaya in Delhi.

This time, the pressure had come from my friend to view the programme, since I was the one who asked him to check with SIFAS, when his niece wanted to perform in Singapore. It was worth watching, eventhough the audience were less. I also made up my mind only at the last moment. Otherwise, I would have invited some of my friends too - including some interested bloggers. It seems Ms.Kasturi, who had performed at several places in India, wanted to have a solo performance overseas and she achieved it yesterday. She did very well and was also content with the crowd.

My friend was wondering about the efforts the parents took, to bring their daughter here. He exclaimed due to the fact that they spent nearly 75,000 Rs. from their own pocket, to come over here. The reason of this post, is to highlight the efforts, energy, money spent by the parents nowadays to bring their kids talent to the forefront. They had printed and brought brouchures for today's programme / profile of their daughter, all on their own. This trend has picked up very well among the educated mass in the last couple of decades.

So many of my friends here, have admitted their kids into TFA, SIFAS and several other arts schools to master Indian Fine Arts. The change in parents mentality to encourage the kids to excel in their field of interest along with studies, should be well appreciated. This post is just to welcome this new trend.

My related earlier post...
.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ram,

As u seem to be interested in music, jus' wanted to let u know I am playing the Mridangam for a mouth-organ(seriously I dunno how carnatic/devotional music will sound in that!!!)performer at the Perumal Temple on Mon. 8:30-9:30PM. Do drop by if u don't mind taking the risk!!!

Cheers,
Prasanna

PS:No rotten eggs/tomatoes allowed ;-)

Saturday, June 25, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger Siddharth said...

extra curricular activities being encouraged is a welcome trend...more parents should encourage children to take up alternate careers such as journalism,music,dance,etc.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Ram, got my "blog"s "roll"ing finally :-)

Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Anjali said...

It'sa welcome change .It should be like that.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Prasanna.. coming there.. with some big baskets of...... applauses.

siddarth / anjali.. I agree

thennavan.. thx for blrlg.

Monday, June 27, 2005 4:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home