if i

Thursday, November 09, 2006

That entertaining one hour…

Got an email couple of days back with a message…..

“Ok Guys, let us go for a Car race with some Carlsberg & Tuborg at 4 PM on……....”

The mail was received by all those who were working on the project with me.… Danes, Germans, Swedish…. Since, I had never participated in any car race (never had an intention to damage a car!!), I was eagerly waiting for that day. Several posters (in A3 paper!!) were pasted everywhere visibly in the office hall, with the picture of a crowded outdoor car racing track.

The day arrived… I was waiting for the other guys to call me, to leave the office. My expectation was that I will be taken for a nice drive to the location of those racing tracks. Didn’t want to miss it…

Till 3:50 pm, nothing happened. Then a guy came down with a big box, plus lots of Carlsberg/Tuborg cans.

Cleared some tables in the hall and made enough space.. for what?

To build the car race tracks!!! Hmmm…. So much build up for that..


The track which I anticipated very eagerly was finally ready!!!
The list of those willing to participate was ready…

Oops; my name was included for the first race with a Norwegian.

Everyone of them had some nick names....

I was given the remote of the Blue car… Nice color, though.

Few guys were ready to help those in the race, in case the cars get out of the track…

This guy was there to help me!!

The white car was racing ahead… We had 20 laps to complete and I was in the 17th lap, when my opponent completed his 20th lap. :-( :-(

Then, I really felt the lack of training with these toy cars!!

We had lot of other interruptions, organized by the project leader, disrupting the racing!!


Finally, the winner with the Champagne….












All these stuff were nothing but to motivate the team, to achieve the project goals. But I never expected to have these things during office timings, even though I enjoyed the break. [For them, after the race, the day was over….. It was already getting darker outside!!]


My other Copenhagen Posts:
Getting Colder….
Can we adapt one more day?
283rd post

6 Comments:

Blogger Cogito said...

whoa..that seems like lot of fun at work.

Friday, November 10, 2006 5:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Looks like... But it is not always... :-(

Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:33:00 PM  
Blogger Visithra said...

my bro used to have one of those racing tracks n build his own cars - i had one of the race cars - still love them though none of us ever play anymore

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Ram C said...

welcome back visithra.. after a long gap :-)

these guys didn't want to leave these stuff only as the childhood memories.. still they would like to continue for fun. that's what happened on that day..

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kaps said...

I think we need to unlearn and then learn to compete in these competition. Best of luck for future car races.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:10:00 AM  
Blogger Ram C said...

Kaps... who knows whether there would be a car race next time.... there may be a cycling race or something else like Playstation stuff!!

Friday, November 17, 2006 2:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home